We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2013 certificate program. The summer program runs May 28, 2013 to July 26, 2013.
If you are not a University of Texas at Austin graduate, you must create a UT EID in order to fill out the application. Get your UT EID here.
Once you have a UT EID, click here to apply today!
Participation in this the nine week certificate program requires full time attendance - 8:00 am until 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. In other words, you cannot be taking other courses or working, even a part time job.
Admission into the Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange certificate program includes an interview with Health IT faculty. Interviews for the Summer program will begin in April.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien legally able to be employed in the U.S.
- If you are not a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, you must send an official transcript to Leanne Field, Program Director, prior to final acceptance into the program.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is designed for individuals who intend to immediately seek a job in Health IT following graduation, rather than individuals who plan to pursue graduate school or other types of professional education (e.g. medical school, pharmacy school, PA school) in the near future.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Information sessions are held in the Norman Hackerman Building (NHB), room 1.306. The NHB is located at the northwest corner of Speedway and 24th St. in the heart of the University of Texas at Austin campus
- Tuesday, April 30th @ noon
- Wednesday, May 1st @ 4pm
Program Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org