Health Information Privacy and Security Certificate
UT Austin is addressing the acute need for well-trained information security professionals in the health-care sector by offering UT Austin computer science students the opportunity to earn a Health Information Privacy and Security Certificate. This 15-hour certificate is comprised of the following courses:
- CS 356: Computer Networks
- CS 361: Introduction to Computer Security
- CS 378: Information Assurance
- CS 378: Network Security and Privacy
- BIO 337: Fundamentals in Health Information Technology and Privacy
Graduates of this certificate program will enter the workforce well equipped to design, execute and evaluate security procedures and practices in health care settings; will recognize and understand the vulnerabilities of health records and the key responsibilities regarding security oversight and management; and will build a working knowledge of information security principles and practices.