Postdoctoral Fellow in Integrative Biology
The Section of Integrative Biology at the University of Texas at Austin invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Integrative Biology. This subject area is broadly defined to include evolution, ecology, and behavior. The Fellow will be expected to conduct an independent high-quality research program in collaboration with at least two faculty in the Section. For information about the Section of Integrative Biology at UT and its faculty, visit http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/ib/ . In addition, one semester per year the Fellow will co-teach an undergraduate course on Research Methods, as part of the UTeach program for training K-12 science teachers. For information about the UTeach program, visit http://www.uteach.utexas.edu/
The position is for two years, subject to annual review. The Fellow is requested to start work at the University of Texas no later than August 2013. There is an annual salary of $40,000 with an additional $10,000 per year in research support for travel, equipment, or supplies.
Applicants should electronically submit a single pdf file containing the following, in order:
- Coverletter, including mention of the proposed faculty sponsors (max 1 page). Candidates are advised contact potential faculty sponsors prior to applying, to gauge the level of mutual interest.
- Statement of research accomplishments (maximum 2 pages).
- Statement describing the candidate's proposed research for the duration of this postdoctoral position (maximum 2 pages).
- Statement describing the candidate's teaching experience and philosophy (maximum 2 pages)
- Copies of 2 publications
- List of three references, with contact information (email, telephone, and mailing address). We will request letters directly from these references, after identifying top candidates.
The application pdf file should be emailed to email@example.com, with a subject line "IB Postdoc Application: <YOUR NAME>". Applications must be received by January 11, 2013. For questions about this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact a prospective faculty mentor in the department.
We encourage applications from candidates that have recently completed, or will soon complete, their Ph.D.
The University of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.