The College of Natural Sciences at The University of Texas at Austin
The University of Texas at Austin

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home » New to BioSci » Building and Room Access

Building and Room Access

The new employee's supervisor should send an e-mail request for any key, locknetics key fob (an electronic access system used for some teaching labs and conference rooms) or building Prox access directly to Katherine Reynolds,



The request should include: the individual’s name and EID, and exactly which buildings and rooms s/he will have access to. 
Once the request is received from the employee's supervisor, a key authorization form may be picked up from the SBS reception desk in NHB 2.600, and taken to the UT Locks and Keys office on 24th St. Key fobs may also be picked up in NHB 2.606.

If building access includes BME, MBB, NHB, or NMS, the student or employee's UT ID card (must be prox-enabled through the UT ID center) will be activated to serve as a Proximity Access card.

In cases where a person needs only temporary access, such as a teaching assistant, an undergraduate lab assistant or a rotating graduate student, the supervisor (or instructor) should include an expiration date for the building or room access.

Requests for access to buildings using the Prox system will be routed to the appropriate building manager.  For troubleshooting or questions, contact:

arrowBME Prox Access: Chris Cooper, , BME 3.314A, 512-850-6571

arrowMBB Prox Access:Meredith Bethune,, MBB 1.220, 471-1156

arrowNHB and NMS Building Prox Access: Mando Solis,  NMS 1.308, 475-7903

arrowAll Keys for interior doors and rooms in ACA, BIO, BME, PAI, PAT, NMS or WEL: Katherine Reynolds,  NHB 2.646, 232-5685

arrowLocknetics:Kyle Schmidlin, NHB 2.606, 471-2761

Bio Sci students